The Eastern Cardiothoracic Surgical Society is proud to present:
Professional Obligations in the Face of Risks to Personal Health:
A Debate by Members of the Standards and Ethics Committee Moderated by
the Honorable Judge Paul Armstrong of the New Jersey Supreme Court
This webinar will take place on Wednesday, June 8, 2022 from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm Eastern. If you are unable to attend, the webinar will be recorded and posted in the Member's Only section of the ECTSS website.
- Hon. Paul W. Armstrong, JSC, MA, JD, LLM, Rutgers University, New Jersey Supreme Court
- Kelly Wanamaker, MD, Baystate Medical Center
- Jeffrey Javidfar, MD, Emory University
- Huzaifa Shakir, MD, Standards and Ethics Committee Chair Rutgers University
- Roman Petrov, MD, Temple University
- Louis H. Stein, MD, PhD, Newark-Beth Israel Medical Center
The recent events across the country have magnified long-standing issues that have plagued the black community as well as our cardiothoracic surgeons and patients of color to various degrees.
October 6-9, 2022
The Eastern Cardiothoracic Surgical Society was founded in 1963. Our mission is to encourage and stimulate investigation and study that will increase the knowledge of intrathoracic physiology, pathology, and therapy.