Full Compliance with CAN-SPAM.
Eastern Cardiothoracic Surgical Society (ECTSS) maintains dedicated web and database servers hosting content and email services. ECTSS has never, and will never, participate or allow SPAM to be sent from any of its dedicated servers. If you believe that SPAM has been sent from us, please let us know immediately so that our engineers can investigate and rectify the situation.
Your Privacy is Completely Assured.
- ECTSS does not collect any information your browser makes available whenever you visit our website.
- Most of our systems require you to register for an account. The Society may collect personal information in order to create an account (typically your name, email address and a password for your account). That information will be used to provide the service. For certain services, such as Meeting Registration, the ECTSS may request credit card or other payment information which we transmit in encrypted form on secure servers and then discard. These data are not permanently stored.
- We do not rent, give out, or sell your personally identifying information to other companies or individuals.
- At no time is your information available to anyone outside of ECTSS leadership, its employees or managers.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
- We restrict access to your personally identifying information to ECTSS leaders who need to know that information in order to deliver, operate, develop or improve our services.
- At no time is your personally identifying information available to the outside public.
- All information and services can be sent over encrypted channels. Not all ECTSS information may use this service. In the event of credit card or checking account use, all information is sent over 128-bit or 256-bit encrypted channels.
There are no refunds for any financial transactions tied to dues or donations. There may be partial refunds issued on a case by case basis for meeting registrations with more details will be available either on the registration form.
Changes to this Policy
The Privacy Notice posted on this site was updated on April 23, 2019.